You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. – Matthew 5:14
HOW CAN I MAKE A DIFFERENCE???
The staff and members of Collingswood Presbyterian Church are involved in a variety of activities, ministries, and missions to help family, friends, neighbors, and millions of people around the world. Help us to help them. Here’s how :
* The Deacons collect food each Sunday for the Collingswood Food Pantry. Boxed Cereal is always needed but any food items are welcome. Consider clothes soap, paper goods, bath soap and diapers since they are not covered by SNAP. (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
* We will be hosting the men of the Interfaith Hospitality Network Council April 20-May4. We will need people to provide meals, men to stay over night and transportation to nearby meetings. Please contact the church office if you want to help.
* We work with services in Camden NJ who care for homeless, those in need of clothing and support the work of New Visions Day Center. Volunteers are always welcome at Cathedral Kitchen to serve meals.
*Want to help with the Hurricane Sandy relief? The Presbyterian Disaster Relief is working with West Jersey Presbytery to restore homes and churches of those not covered by insurance and without help. Teams go down to Atlantic City/ Brigantine area on a regular basis. See Pastor Kate for more information.
*Participate in “Feed My Starving Children” food packaging event this spring!!! We will meet at Haddonfield Middle School on April 12 to pack up meals for an international destination. Go on this web site to sign up for a time. http://www.fmsc.org/Page.aspx?pid=465
- Making a Difference Mission Outreach at CPC
- CROP Walk in the Fall to raise money for Church World Service
- Support for AIDS ministries through Caring Hearts
- New Visions Feeding program for Homeless in Camden
- Ronald McDonald House for families with Children who are ill
- World wide Mission outreach through the Presbyterian Church USA
- Mission Outreach from Collingswood to Camden to Cuba and more!
- Partnership with Cardenas Church in Cuba and Njokob Church in Cameroon.
- Collingswood Food Pantry
- Disaster relief clean up buckets
- Backpacks for children in Camden
- Homeless support through IHOC-homeless program
- Deacons mission work with the homeless in Camden through New Visions and VOA
International World Water Day is held annually as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.